Why can I not allocate a room number to my reservation in Apex?
In order to allocate a room number to a reservation in Apex please follow the below steps:
1. Have you checked the Room Chart?
- Navigate to the Room Chart by either using the icon on the Speed Bar or selecting Processing -> Reception -> Room Chart. Please ensure that the specific room you need to assign is not already allocated to another reservation by looking at the "Allocated rooms" section.
- Alternatively ensure that the room you need to allocated is not already booked and under the un-allocated screen section.
2. Is the reservation part of a Group Reservation?
- Should the reservation be part of a Group Reservation you will need to do a "Pick-up", whereby the room list is completed, first before rooms can be blocked or allocated.
How do I add a new Room Number in Apex?
In order to add a new Room Number in Apex the below steps need to be followed: 1. Room Numbers After Room Types have been added in the system, Room Numbers need to be added. To access the Room Numbers menu click on Administration -> Reservation Codes ...
How do I change an existing Room Number to be linked to a different Room Type in Apex?
In order to change the Room number associated with a Room type to a different Room type, the below steps need to be followed: 1. Room Numbers Navigate to Administration -> Reservation Codes -> Room Codes -> Room Numbers. Next select the Room number ...
How to add and use Room Descriptors in Apex
Room Description codes are used in the reservations process to distinguish between unique features in the room. This can be achieved by adding Descriptors on the Room Number configuration page. The system administrator with rights to add/edit room ...
How do I remove Room Types and Room Numbers on Apex?
Please see below steps to remove Room Types and Room numbers from Apex. Cancel or move any future or current reservations, as well as maintenance jobs linked to the Room number and Room types. There should not be any reservations linked to the Room ...
How do I move an Apex reservation to a different Room Type?
In order to move a guest or a reservation to a different Room Type or number in Apex please follow the below steps: 1. Block Room Open the reservation and select the "Block Room" button. Next click the drop-down box next to the Room Type field and ...